- Your interest in personal data protection on our website is important. Furthermore, it is important that you feel satisfied and safe when visiting our website and that you consider the application for personal data protection as an element of quality in the provision of our services.
- Personal data constitute information, which can be classified directly or indirectly for you individually. The applicable legal framework for data protection is mainly based on the General Regulation for Data Protection (GDPR) [Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and the Council /Regulation]
II. Use of website & information
- All visitors/users/clients/subscribers login on to our website(s) or conclude transactions by using it(them) or any applications, platforms etc, irrespectively of whether they pay a consideration, fee, price etc, agree and accept the following:
- The information and material contained in the website constitute property of AGROKNOW PRIVATE COMPANY (hereinafter AGROKNOW) and its affiliates or the companies collaborated with AGROKNOW (hereinafter ‘Companies“, “Company“) and thus copy, reproduction and/or republishing thereof is not allowed for any reason whatsoever unless a prior consent by AGROKNOW and/or the relevant Company has been granted.
- Such information and material may be used by the visitors/users/clients/subscribers, but AGROKNOW is not bound by their content, unless it is expressly provided otherwise, however AGROKNOW and/or the “Companies” try to assure the accuracy of such information or material.
- The information and material contained in the website may be changed at any time without prior notice.
- Binding and mandatory are only the provisions, terms and conditionscontained in contractual, accounting etc texts and documents which have been duly signed by both the client/subscriber/user and AGROKNOW or/and the “Contracting Party” which concludes the relevant agreement.
- AGROKNOW and/or the “Companies” bear no liability for any mistake or inaccuracy on or during the forwarding or transmitting of information and/or order by the client/user/subscriber/visitor as well as for any interference or interpolation, identity fraud, false writing or non-operation of the system due to force majeure or any other reason not attributable to gross negligence or willful misconduct of AGROKNOW and/or the respective “Company” and/or their employees.
- AGROKNOW has adopted all necessary measures to ensure safety during the provision of its services and the confidentiality of the information regarding visitors/users/clients/subscribers who login on our website. However, AGROKNOW bears no liability if, although it has shown the necessary diligence, the confidentiality of such information is breached.
III. Data controller details
- AGROKNOW, tax registration no: EL 800533328 of the Tax Authority of Maroussi, registered seat and address: 110 Pentelis str. GR15126 Maroussi, Athens, Greece is a controller and in certain cases the processor of personal data and processes your personal data lawfully, in good faith and in a transparent fashion.
IV. Communication regarding personal data
- In case you wish to communicate for a matter referring to your personal data, you may contact us by sending an email to email@example.com, making a phone call to +30 210 6897905 or by sending a letter to the postal address: 110 Pentelis str. GR15126 Maroussi, Athens, Greece.
V. Information regarding personal data
- What and whose personal data and information do Agroknow’s Systems collect, e.g. FOODAKAI?
AGROKNOW collects and processes information about the visitors/users/clients/subscribers logging in to our webpage and the platforms and applications hosted, the user of the AGROKNOW System and his affiliation. More specifically we collect:
- Information about your computer and how you use our website, the FOODAKAI as well as other systems and applications for the provision of any services. This includes information about your IP, your location, your device, the browser that you are using, the time that you spend on the systems and applications and information about your navigation in the AGROKNOW Systems, such FOODAKAI, in applications etc.
- In case we need to verify your authorization or are obliged by an Agreement between AGROKNOW and yourself or the entity or individual authorizing you. Your personal data and company information, including but not limited to, your first name, last name, title, employer, telephone number, email address, company name, company address, sector and company’s web site.
- Information that is related to any transactions that you may have with any Systems and or Applications of the website such as the FOODAKAI System and specifically the information that is necessary for any agreement entered regarding the use of any Systems and Applications of the Website.
AGROKNOW does not collect any sensitive data about individuals and organisations or companies.
- How and why does AGROKNOW collect it?
AGROKNOW collects personal information to provide personalized services for the scope of your business or for your professional activity, such as personalised dashboards, or the alarms of FOODAKAI system or any other system or application sends to your email. Therefore, we may collect some of your personal data in order:
- to relate to you as a professional for the scope of your business or the business of your employer or Collaborator,
- to communicate with you for support, marketing and promotional purposes,
- for invoicing purposes when your organisation or Company or the organisation or company or your employer or collaborator enters an agreement with us.
AGROKNOW collects and processes client/user/subscriber/visitor information mainly for:
- company profiling reasons that help AGROKNOW Systems provide the best services to the client/user/subscriber/visitor,
- contractual and payment purposes.
- For the case of FOODAKAI System, food safety and quality data of the organisation might also be collected, upon consent. Such data are collected and processed to:
- allow the generation of statistics and risk estimations,
- allow the comparison of the internal trends with public trends.
- How does AGROKNOW store and process information and data?
AGROKNOW collects personal data of the user and other organisation information (e.g. food safety and quality data of the organisation) in several ways, such as:
- the user enters the information using a form of the AGROKNOW System or Application e.g. https://app.foodakai.com/users/sign_up
- the user provides us with his/her personal data in person or on-line using a form of the AGROKNOW System or Application for the reason it will be used for,
- the information available publicly online that contains the data of the user and/or about the client/user/subscriber/visitor.
AGROKNOW stores personal data using a secure SSL connection and in a protected database and is only processed to provide you with personalized services, in addition to promotional purposes if you have agreed for AGROKNOW to use your data for such purposes.
AGROKNOW also stores and processes client/user/subscriber/visitor data (Organisation name, Organisation sector, number of plants, number of employees, TAX ID, company address) in a safe and secure environment mainly for contract and invoicing purposes.
To ensure more efficient services, AGROKNOW, processes the data of the user and the organisation or company to automate processes such as:
- build user and company profile,
- estimation of the risk for the products that the user has created,
- estimation of trends for the risk of the company’s product that the user has created,
- sending automated alarms based on user preference,
- sending reminders about the status of their account email e.g. account expiration.
- How does AGROKNOW protect client/user/subscriber/visitor information and personal data?
AGROKNOW has put in place several appropriate security measures to protect the personal data and organisation information stored and processed to prevent them from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way. In AGROKNOW, we use the following mechanisms to ensure that your personal data and client/user/subscriber/visitor information is and will remain safe:
- All the communications with AGROKNOW and information/data are transmitted over an encrypted connection using HTTPs (SSL).
- All the data is stored in password and firewall-protected servers.
- All our systems are protected using firewall that is provided by the cloud service providers.
- All the Passwords are stored in an encrypted form in the database and no one can view or retrieve the password.
- All the personal and company information is stored in a password and firewall-protected database.
AGROKNOW has all the processes and measures to ensure that your data will be safe. We use the cloud service providers that have robust processes and technologies and apply high-level security standards and mechanisms to ensure that data and information will be safe. Our service providers have monitoring services in case optimal practices for secure data storage and processing are not followed. At AGROKNOW, we ensure that we are taking the necessary measures to have all the processes in place to secure the personal data and company information.
- Back up of the data in password and firewall protected servers.
- Application of encryption mechanisms to all communications.
- Monitoring that the security mechanisms used by service providers are followed.
- Informing all the team and the affected end users and customers in case of a security issue.
- Does anyone else besides AGROKNOW have access to any of your data and information?
AGROKNOW transfers some of the information obtained by you, as a user and the organisation or company with third parties who process them in order to optimize the AGROKNOW System and provide you with custom made services tailored to your needs. AGROKNOW primarily transfers information about the organisation or the Company and keeps personal data safe in our records. AGROKNOW may use third parties for the following services not yet supplied by us:
- Cloud and hosting services
- Email sending services
- Online payment service
- Analytics services
- Online chat services
- CRM services
- Internet security
These services perform essential activities such as:
Analytics: AGROKNOW uses Analytics systems that help us understand and improve how you use the AGROKNOW website and its applications and systems, such as FOODAKAI System. These systems are using information stored in Cookies but also information such as the username which is shared encrypted and therefore anonymously with these systems using their Application Programming Interface (web APIs).
Payment processing: In order to make the process faster and safer for you, AGROKNOW uses third party services to receive payments over the internet. These systems provide the technical, fraud prevention, and banking infrastructure required to operate on-line payment systems. We share with these systems your tax (VAT, tax ID) and financial information (amount to be paid, amount due).
Customer Relationship: In our attempt to constantly improve upon our on-line communication, we use a web-based customer relationship management system where we store the information client/user/subscriber/visitor provide us, including our communication history.
Information required by Law and Governments: AGROKNOW may also share information as required by any law, regulation and governmental request that may apply in your jurisdiction.
Enriching your data: If you so request, AGROKNOW may share information with third parties or other systems that you are using because you would like to share with them some or all of the organisation or Company data you store in our system.
The personal data and company information that AGROKNOW collects are stored in Cloud services provided by third parties located in the E.U. or elsewhere. AGROKNOW collaborates with third parties that may be using servers outside Europe and ensure a level of data protection at least as protective as that of the country you reside in. If you reside within the EU region, they ensure that they provide the same level of protection as required in the EU or recognized by the European Commission to be providing an adequate level of protection, including compliance with the approved standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission. Although the list of third parties we collaborate with is not published here, we can provide you such information upon request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookie application and usage are nowadays considered to be an industry standard and are used by the majority of professional web sites, as a means of improving the user’ s experience. It is important for you to know that cookies are saved at the user’ s hard drive and they include basic contact information and browsing history. They also help us count the users by keeping their identity anonymous, provide information on the number of visits per sub-page, measure the usage volume of our website and optimize the performance of various functions of the AGROKNOW website.
We would like you to know that the cookies we use for anonymous website usage data are session-based cookies that help us improve the structure and functionality of our web site and help you when you log in to upload and manage your datasets easily and effectively. At all times, you can refuse the collection and storage of above data for the future and change your web browser settings to reject cookies or prompt you each time a website wishes to add a cookie to your browser. If you do, please know that some functionality on the website may be affected by this.
AGROKNOW uses only standard session cookies to:
- facilitate your registration and auto filling parts of information.
- facilitate your login by remembering user’s information.
The data AGROKNOW collects from cookies remain anonymous and are not and will not be used to identify you and relate you to your personal data and will only be used for AGROKNOW purposes.
There is an option for you to allow the use of certain cookies, or not allow cookies at all. If you want to withdraw your consent to our use and delete cookies that have already been set, you can set your browser settings, found usually in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu. More information about cookies can be found at: www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Retrieve information from your computer other than the one related to using one of AGROKNOW’s website, as well as the applications, platforms, systems etc. you have requested for.
- Share the information about using the applications, platforms, systems etc. with third parties.
It is a generally applied practice and most of the web browsers by default are accepting cookies. You are always able to disable cookies, but you should be aware that some parts of the AGROKNOW website as well as its applications, platforms, systems etc. will not be fully functional.
The general expiry date for our cookies is upon the termination of our communication and/ or collaboration. They remain for the duration of the time we keep a record of your data and company information.
- How long is data stored and why?
AGROKNOW will keep the data for 5 years unless you explicitly request the deletion of the data.
AGROKNOW will keep company information also after the end of the subscription to facilitate the re-activation of company’s subscription unless you object.
The user has the right to have his personal data deleted and the organisation or company has the right and the ability to delete the company data at any point and to download or request a copy of all the data unless there is legal ground for any information to remain in a safe record, as required by any law, regulation and governmental request that may apply in your jurisdiction.
- How can you protect your rights for the data processed and stored at AGROKNOW?
You have various rights regarding how AGROKNOW‘s Systems uses your personal data:
Right to be informed
You can at any point request to be fully informed about which data we have and the processes AGROKNOW follows. AGROKNOW is obliged to provide you with all the information about our services, vendors and third parties upon request.
Right to access
You can access and update the personal data that is collected by AGROKNOW by clicking on the “My account” link that is available at the user icon on the top right corner of the user interface. You may request at any point to access any or all your personal data by sending an email to email@example.com with the exception of the data that relates to the organisation or the Company. The data will be provided to you using a secured method.
Right of erasing your data
You can erase your data at any point using the AGROKNOW system’s relevant operations or by simple submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will proceed to the removal of all your data unless we have to keep a secure copy of data that are required according to tax or other legal provisions.
Right to limit processing
FOODAKAI processes your data to analyse the usage of the system and to provide personalized services. You can request us to block, erase and restrict your personal data by submitting a request to email@example.com unless there is a legal ground for AGROKNOW to process some or all.
Right for accuracy
AGROKNOW intends to keep your personal data accurate, current and complete at all times. If any of the personal data we keep is not, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to keep your data up to date.
Right to data portability
You can request for a copy of your personal data to be further transferred by submitting a request to email@example.com.
Right to restrict automated decision making based on your data.
You can request to not to be subject to automated decision making by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to object and be forgotten
At any time you can object to the way that AGROKNOW is storing and processing personal and company information by sending us an email to email@example.com.
If you wish to exclude your information from our databases, you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can always unsubscribe from a promotional email using the “Unsubscribe” option at the end of the email message.
VI. Exercising rights under Regulation (EU) 2016/679
In addition to your right to withdraw the consents you have given to us, you have also the following rights, provided that the relevant contractual and legal circumstances also apply:
- The right to demand access from the controller to your personal data pursuant to art.15 of the Regulation,
- The right to request from the controller rectification of your personal data pursuant to art.16 of the Regulation,
- The right to request erasure of your personal data pursuant to art.17 of the Regulation,
- The right to obtain restriction of processing pursuant to art. 18 of the Regulation,
- The right to portability of personal data pursuant to art. 20 of the Regulation,
- The right to object to the processing of personal data pursuant to art. 21 of the Regulation.
Right of access (article 15 GDPR)
You have the right to obtain, upon request and free of charge, access to your personal data processed by AGROKNOW pursuant to art.15 of the Regulation. This includes particularly:
- the purposes of the processing of your personal data,
- the categories of personal data that we are processing,
- the recipients or the categories of the recipients to whom your personal data have been or will be disclosed,
- where possible, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or if not possible, the criteria used to determine the period,
- the existence of the right to request from the controller rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing of personal data concerning the data subject or to object to such processing,
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority,
- any available information as to their source, where the personal data are not collected from the data subject,
- the existence of automated decision – making, including profiling, referred to in article 22 (1) and (4) of the Regulation and, at least in those cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for the data subject.
Where personal data are transferred to a third country or to an international organisation, the data subject shall have the right to be informed of the appropriate safeguards pursuant to article 46 of the Regulation relating to the transfer.
Right to rectification (article 16 GDPR)
You have the right to obtain from AGROKNOW without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you. Taking into account the purposes of the processing, you have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
Right to erasure (article 17 GDPR)
You have the right to obtain from AGROKNOW the erasure of your personal data without undue delay, where one of the following grounds applies:
- the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed,
- you withdraw your consent on which the processing is based according to the article 6 (1) point (a) or article 9 (2) point (a) of the Regulation, and where is no other legal ground for the processing, you object to the processing pursuant to article 21 (1) or (2) of the Regulation and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing pursuant to article 21 (2) of the Regulation
- the personal data have been unlawfully processed,
- the personal data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation,
- The personal data have been collected in relation to the offer of information society services referred to in article 8 (1) of the Regulation.
Where AGROKNOW has made the personal data public and is obliged to erase, taking account all available technology and the cost of implementation, shall take reasonable steps, to inform the third parties which are processing your personal data that you have requested the erasure by them of any links to, or copy or replication of, those personal data.
Right to restriction of processing (article 18 GDPR)
You have the right to obtain from AGROKNOW restriction of processing where one of the following applies:
- the accuracy of the personal data is contested by you,
- the processing is unlawful, and you oppose the erasure of the personal data and request the restriction of their use instead,
- the controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by the data subject for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims
- you have objected to processing pursuant to article 21 (1) of the Regulation, pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of the controller override those of the data subject.
Right to data portability (article 20 GDPR)
You have the right to obtain the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to AGROKNOW, in a structured, commonly used and machine – readable format, and have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from AGROKNOW, where:
- the processing is based on consent according to article 6 (1) point (a) or to article 9 (2) point (a) or on a contract pursuant to article 6 (1) point (b) of the Regulation
- the processing is carried out by automated means
In exercising the right to data portability, you have the right to have the personal data transmitted directly from AGROKNOW to another controller, where technically feasible.
Right to object (article 21 GDPR)
Under the provisions of article 21 (1) of the Regulation, you have the right to object to the processing of personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation. The above- mentioned general right to object applies to all the purposes of data processing referred herein, where the data are processed pursuant to article 6 (1) point (f) of the Regulation. To the contrary, as regards the specific right to object relating to the processing of the data for marketing purposes, AGROKNOW is obliged according to the Regulation to apply this general right to object only if you specify superior grounds, e.g. a possible danger of life or health. Additionally, you can address to the Hellenic Data Protection Authority, which can accept the filing of complaints either in writing to her protocol services (1-3 Kifisias str, GR11523 Athens) or electronically (www.dpa.gr).